[rescue] question on video cards for U10

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Feb 1 03:12:01 CST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:09:53 -0800
Brian Howe <bwhowe at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I meant was that the builtin adapter requires the sync-on-green
> from a CRT display.
The sync signals go from the GFX card _to_ the display.

> I cannot get anything to display on the LCD from
> that plug, only on the CRT, and that includes the OBP.
Maybe the LCD is unable to sync to the resolution or H/V frequency. Plug
in the CRT and try to get some status display on it. Many CRTs can
display a status page in the on screen menu with resolution and H/V
frequencys. Most likely you need to tune the U10 to the native
resolution of the LCD and 60 Hz refresh rate. Many U5 / U10 come up with
1152 x 900 and this may confuse LCDs as they only expect 1024 x 768 or
1280 x 1024.

Why are you trying to get some PCI VGA? You can add a UPA framebuffer
quite cheap too. I suspect it to be faster then PCI.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen