[rescue] Bricked disk

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Dec 24 10:10:22 CST 2006

   Good morning rescuers.

   The Christmas fairy visited me early this morning in the form of
a 10-second power cut -- and took out the primary disk drive on the
Linux box I usually sit in front of.

   Would anyone here happen to have a controller for a Western Digital
WD300BB-32AUA1 disk drive hanging around that they don't need?  I'd
like to try to get the stuff off the disk because, yes, you guessed it,
none of it was backed up.  (Bad admin!  No doughnut for you!)

   Here's wishing you all better luck and a happier Christmas than
I'm having!

   Cheers.