[rescue] Amiga

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Dec 20 10:39:09 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 10:13:36AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:23:53AM -0600, Michael Parson wrote:
>> I've got an A2000 that you can have. =)
>
> oh oh oh oh oh.
>
>> Off the top of my head, it's got the 2.x KS ROMs, I think I've got
>> the 2.4 workbench stuff on floppy around somewhere.  I've got a
>> flicker-fixer for it, so you can use VGA monitors, and an A2091 SCSI
>> card with 2 Megs FAST RAM on it and IIRC, it has the Fat Agnus with a
>> full 1 meg chip RAM, I think.
>> It's not been powered on in quite some time though.
>
> Sweet.  If you get around to powering it up, and it still works, let
> me know what you want for packing/shipping.

Sure.

Since I don't currently have a HD in it, all I can really do is power it
up and verify that it can POST and ask for a WB disk.

Thinking back, it might not have the 2.x ROMs, it might only have the
1.3 ROMS, I think I had 2.x ROMS in the 3000 before I upgraded it to
3.1.  I last used this guy back in 1995 when I got my 3000.

> Wife will kill me, but I figure I can get rid of a PC to make room for
> it... and I can hook the VGA output to my 4-port KVM.  Too bad I can't
> make it use PS/2 keyboards and mice.

Well.... I have an adapter box that will let you use AT keyboards with
it, though I lost the piece of paper that showed you the key mappings
for the non-standard keys (L&R Amiga do not map to the Window's keys,
this device pre-dates that).  No (real) solution for the mouse part
though, unless you get the Zorro USB card, but it requires OS 3.1 and
an 030-33 processor, neither of which are in the Amiga 2000, but can be
found at softhut.com.

I used to have an XT bridgeboard too, but I had that in my brother's
A2000 and my dad sold it off w/o checking with me first when my brother
moved out.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org