[rescue] playing with the new E250 ... disk performance vs. old PeeCee

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Tue Dec 19 19:04:59 CST 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:

> I had to install a minimal Sol9 off CDs, install this patch, then
> I could install Sol10 off a DVD without a problem.
>
> PISSED ME OFF when I figured it out after two days.

Wow what a pain in the ass.

Yes, it is a Sun DVD-ROM drive.

BUT... I dug up an older set of Sol 10 CDROMs and it is installing fine
from those!  I will just have more patching to do than if I had
installed from my fresh 11/06 DVD (the CD set I have is 1/05)

Thanks much for digging up that link.  Maybe I can patch the critter
from Sol 10 once the install is done.