[rescue] scrapping some old Proliants

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Dec 19 13:16:06 CST 2006

On 19 Dec 2006, at 18:12, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Mon, 18 Dec 2006 @ 20:43 -0500, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. said:
[...]
>> Which Acard converter did you use ?

Can't remember, but it's 20MB/s SCSI which is fine for a DVD drive.
Googling suggests it's probably the AEC7720-U.

>> I've been thinking of going this route too for my U60.
> Also useful is the best price on them.

Mine was #30 from eBay.

> So far I've found them at prices that make it almost as cheap to just
> get a SCSI drive.

The main problem with getting them these days is that nobody seems to
be buying them so the push is for the DVD duplicators that use the
SCSIDE bridge internally.

http://www.mars-tech.com/acardscside.htm do quite a few different
models, starting at $45.