[rescue] A real hoot... does anyone have one of these

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Dec 19 00:01:32 CST 2006

John Francini wrote:
> It appearts to be the back bulkhead panel to some smallish DEC
> machine, probable vintage early 80s.

Definately PDP-11/73... as he has the front power switch, 6 button
controls, 2 indicator panel for one in item 230064962181 for a mere
$625.00 with a buy it now of $800.00.  This guy is seriously wasting
his listing fees :-) oh.. and shipping is $149.94 to my location !  for
about a 1 to 1.5 pound item....  maybe he sends 'free' crack with it ?
maybe it's crack molded to look like computer parts ?

The VR-241 monitor for $850 is a real hoot too.  (That's the 14"
monitor)  I believe it only does 15KHz horizontal ('TV' resolution).

He seems to sell industrial stuff... so he probably got these PDP pieces
out of an industrial control....  he obviously knows nothing about what
this stuff is really worth.  (Maybe his prices are not nuts on the
industrial
stuff.... but I'd guess they probably are as well).

I'd like to think this is entertaining.. but when he can't get this kind of
money... it will probably go in a dumpster rather than being listed at
a real price....  <sigh>

-- Curt