[rescue] ISO PCMCIA memory card

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:47:45 CST 2006

On 12/15/06, Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:
> I'm searching for a PCMCIA memory card.  Needs to be SRAM, 2MB or larger,
> and have the attribute memory.  I'm told that an Intel linear flash with
> attributes might also work.

Look for flash cards that work in Apple Newtons and older Cisco routers.
The descriptions may not tell you that they are SRAM or linear flash,
but they are.
I used to buy retired/upgraded cards from Cisco routers for my Newtons
and saved a pile of money.  I may have been the only person at the time with
Newton MP2000 with dual 40MB cards.  The FAQ at the time only reported on 32MB
cards working.