[rescue] Needed: Tape drive for reading DC300 and DC600 tapes (SCSI?)

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Dec 12 23:09:03 CST 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 21:02, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> I've got a stack of DC300 and DC600 tapes which I'd like to get
> images, for archiving.  I'd like to find a SCSI drive which can read
> the tapes, so I can archive them, and hopefully make images of some of
> them available (they're install media for the Intel iPSC/860, and
> ETA-10 supercomputers).

Well, I guess I get to say "never mind".  It appears that the Archive
2150S I've got actually does read DC600 and DC300 tapes. :)

I'm suprised that this thing has a rubber roller that's still in good
condition, and that the thing still reads tapes.

Now, I'll see what I can do about making some of these tapes available.

Pat