[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 49, Issue 19

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 10 12:20:47 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Sat, 09 Dec 2006 @ 17:33 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:
>
>> I can see a considerable amount of sense in it, but it didn't pass.
>
> I don't see any sense in it at all.
>
> Nothing about riding a motorcycle implies better drivers.

The main point of it was to make sure all car drivers are aware of
motorcycles and know, from a motorcyclist's perspective, how dangerous
heavier traffic can be to a motorcyclist.  (Also, possibly, to let them
get their early stupid mistakes out of the way on a 400lb vehicle
instead of in a 300lb one.)

> Motorcycle drivers are among the rudest and most dangerous drivers on
> the road, in a car or on a cycle.

Thank you for that sweeping overgeneralization.  Excuse me while I go
clean the tar off.

> I rarely see the hog crowd being dangerous, but the other 75% are.

I'll bet you probably only notice the 5% of squids.  The other 70%
probably never even catch your attention.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location