[rescue] Sun Netra = Ultra 2?

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Sat Dec 9 20:07:16 CST 2006

one of the most common failures of the Audi (44 series, 100, 200, 5000
series) is the loss of the nitrogen charge in the accumulator. I have
successfully installed a schraeder valve and restored them wiht a
nitrogen charge, though you need to recharge every year or so. (I
personally just leave mine off, if I can't drive around it with a high
horsepower, all wheel drive car, then so be it...)

erie

Francois Dion wrote:

>On 12/9/06, Erie Patsellis <erie at shelbyvilledesign.com> wrote:
>

>>Several European manufacturers, Audi, for one, as well as BMW use
>>hydraulically assisted brakes (as well as steering), using a similar
>>approach, though the pedal is connected to the master cylinder, if you
>>lose hydraulic assist, for all practical purposes, there are not brakes
>>(unless you have huge, powerful legs, that is.)
>>

>That's how the GM abs works. That is however not how the ATE abs
>works. On the Peugeot 505, there is an hydraulic sphere (accumulator)
>that is used. If the abs fails, there is an auto bypass and you get
>about 85% efficiency still. Not sure if Citroen used the same.
>
>Francois

your source for cnc software, hardware and retrofits
www.shelbyvilledesign.com