[rescue] Can't wait to rescue one of these!

Devin Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sat Dec 9 00:46:00 CST 2006

On 12/8/06 12:42 PM, "Dan Duncan" <danduncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dan Duncan wrote:

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtuqjFf7-N4&eurl=
>>>
>>> None of my current hardware has a drawn-reciprocation dinglearm.

>> It must have been fukin' impossible for him to keep a straight face
>> while filming that.  8-)

> I don't know how many takes it took, but the result is probably good
> enough to get most suits to buy one.  They could use it as a test like
> getting people to sign petitions to outlaw dihydrogen monoxide.

Having seen my share of the production of marketing materials, I'd hazard
the guess that the talking head is completely non-technical and has no clue
what the hell he's saying -- but has the very marketable skill of looking
good and convincing while saying it.

They rarely let the geeks make the marketing materials...

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/