[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 49, Issue 17

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Dec 8 00:57:38 CST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 1:51 AM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> On Friday 08 December 2006 01:18, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
>
> There are no absolutes.  Good drivers monitor traffic as they are
> driving, and have a good idea of whether or not they're goign to merge
> into something before they try to change lanes.  And yes, it's
> different
> for larger vehicles, and takes longer to make that decision for a truck
> (or semi) than, say, my MINI.

Actually I think that the worst drivers are those that are unable to
grasp the concepts of inertia, momentum, etc. An 18-wheeler can legally
weight up to what, 80,000 or 120,000 lbs when loaded?

You should not be able to get a driver's license without driving a
24-foot straight truck around town or city for an hour - fail that, no
license.  That in itself would eliminate the most dangerous drivers.

--Patrick