[rescue] Sun Netra = Ultra 2?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 7 16:58:44 CST 2006

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:34:46 -0800, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>> In the distant and less-environmentally-sensitive past, Aston-Martin
>> advertisements used to feature a 0-100-0 [MPH] time.  IIRC, it was
>> about 11 seconds when the DB4 was turning into the DB5, circa 1963.
>
> At that time Aston-Martin were still doing speed tests on the M1
> motorway which probably helped to push forward the introduction of the
> 70mph limit.

Actually, I understand the actual incident that spurred the motorway
speed limit was some half-witted society bimbo in some expensive and
speedy car (which could have been an Aston, or a Jag, or...) with her
dear, darling dog.  Said dog being loose in the back seat.  Madame
Brainless Wonder was doing something well in excess of 100mph when she
turned around to watch what dear, darling, adorable, fubsy-wubsy Toodles
was doing in the back seat at that precise moment.  With the expected
results, and the expected reaction from the chattering classes:

"Oh, noes!!!1!  Look how dangerous these uncontrolled speeds are!  We
must enact speed limits, for the sake of the children^Wdogs^Wbrainless
upper-class bimbos with more money than sense!1!one!"

No, you imbeciles.  Speed doesn't in and of itself cause accidents.
Now, idiots driving well beyond their ability and then not even paying
attention DEFINITELY cause accidents ....

--
 Same geek, same site, new location