[rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 16:20:10 CST 2006

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> You know the board that has the two connectors for the two Ultrabays?
>> There's a SCSI connector on the back of it.  Run a 68-pin ribbon cable
>> between it and the back of your SCSI device, and voila!
>
> Are you -sure- about that?

Completely.  Read on.

> I'm 90% sure that the Ultrabays in my p615 were IDE.

The Ultrabays themselves are IDE.  The bay above the Ultrabays is
designed for a SCSI device.  The machine was available with the choice
of several tape drives in that bay, the most popular being an IBM-badged
Exabyte VXA.

The only thing odd about that drive bay is that it uses a proprietary
drive power cable.

Peace...  Sridhar