[rescue] Power saving modes, was Re: advice on rescuing an e10k

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Tue Dec 5 10:21:03 CST 2006

Wesley W. Will wrote:

> Odd.  Mine doesn't.  The exhaust fan only runs when not in powersave
> mode, which interval and delay is settable on the main control
> panel.

To be sure, the fan is spinning more slowly and quietly than when the
printer is not in powersave. When I get it out of storage I think I'll
put a wattmeter on it before I start looking for an EEPROM upgrade. I
mentioned this more as a contrast to the utter silence of the 8550 in
powersave than anything else...

--S.