[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Dec 4 10:14:54 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:09:47AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Mon, 04 Dec 2006 @ 11:15 +0000, Peter Corlett said:
[...]
>> It could be even higher if it's not got a power-saving mode. My Laserjet
>> 4 draws about 60W in standby which goes up to about 1kW when it's doing
>> stuff.
> Ouch.

I can live with 60W for an hour or so of printing I do each month. I
probably draw as much while listening to the radio while waiting.

> My 1320 only draws a few watts on standby, 80W when printing.
> Instant on fusers really save a lot of power.

Yeah, but I'd have to pay actual money for a new printer. Plus the LJ4's
power consumption is zero when turned off, unlike the few watts more modern
kit sips while pretending to be off.