[rescue] Sun Ultra 1 boot failure

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Mon Dec 4 01:22:20 CST 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 05:21:29PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I never can get my Suns' to netboot to my other machines.
>
> tftp sucks and I hate messing with it.

I feel your pain.

Currently I have a machine at home that I just use as my netboot server
(running netbsd 2.0.2), it has a special dhcpd, tfptd, etc etc and has
been used for updating OBP. Took a while to set it all up.

My plan is to create a virtual machine image of such a setup.

Does anyone know if anyone else has done this before, and if such a
virtual machine image is already available for download on the web? This
will "instantly" solve the problem for you and others...

I have to say my current netboot server has all sorts of ugly hacks and
things on it - its not pretty, and will not make for easy consumption
for others, so I am a bit loathe to offer it up as it is.

Cheers,
Jonathan