[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sat Apr 29 14:50:23 CDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:21:05 -0700, Don Y wrote:
> If they *need* the spot, then they should
> have the credentials for the spot.  Far too

Ah! *Those* people. Sorry I thought you were talking about those who had
obtained credentials under dubious circumstances, or using someone's tag
when they shouldn't. Me being dumb again :)

> often it's "Oh, I just have to run in for a
> minute to buy some _____"

It seems that chronic laziness and a tendancy not to give a flying fsck
about anyone else is quite widespread. It's not just handicap parking
spots they target ... they'll park anywhere where it could save them a
few minutes or (horrors!) a little walk. Blocking pavements (sidewalks)
with Chelsea tractors (SUVs) is common ... many pedestrians can't
clamber over one of those (I haven't yet, but I have been tempted to
stomp my size-12 boots over the top of one). I've even seen people
'park' in the middle of a one-lane road to visit a shop, and ignore the
honking queue of traffic behind.