[rescue] Bad UPS II: The Sad Mac

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Fri Sep 30 13:02:47 CDT 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 2:00 PM, Chris Brandstetter wrote:

> I have gone to the point of adding my Work address to my cards, then I
> just have the stuff sent to work attention me.  :-)
>

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 12:38:05PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> Something I have observed of all of them: years ago only USPS would
>>> leave a package if you were not home.  FEDEX and UPS always left a
> note
>>> saying they would try again.
>>>
>>> Now UPS and FEDEX *never* leave a note, they just leave the package.
>>
>> Also, they never check to see if you're home first.  They put the
>> package on the step, they ring the doorbell once, and they leave.
>
> UPS does that (actually, I've never heard them ring the doorbell).
> FedEx often leaves notes.

Leaving a package or requiring a signature is the choice of the shipper
usually. For example, I ship lots and lots of stuff. In fact I have 7
parcels to ship today. When I use FedEx Ground I can on the form check
off signature required. UPS has the same function.

My front porch is reasonably safe to leave items. I'd rather they left
them than me have to go to the local terminal or be home. Just my
opinion.

--
Mike N

Life is like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.