[rescue] Bad UPS II: The Sad Mac

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 30 10:59:15 CDT 2005

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 @ 13:08 -0700, Gary said:

> I can't recommend FEDEX ground enough.  I get a lot of stuff from them on
> a regular basis, and it's always pristine.  They deliver a 50 pound bag of
> dog food to my door every month (special dietary food for my dogs) without
> so much as a scratch on the bag.  Impressive.

I find that a lot depends on where you live. I also find UPS batters
packages a little more (though less than the USPS), but FEDEX can be
pretty bad too sometimes.

I ordered several components delivered via Fedex two weeks ago, and the
morons left it all sitting on a front-porch.  $900 worth of computer
equipment left sitting in the open, with thunderstorms already rumbling.
Fortunately, I got home before it was stolen, and just before it started
raining like a monsoon.

When I got inside, one of the boxes had been penetrated with some kind
of rod, punching all the way through the box protection and damaging a
computer case door.

Something I have observed of all of them: years ago only USPS would
leave a package if you were not home.  FEDEX and UPS always left a note
saying they would try again.

Now UPS and FEDEX *never* leave a note, they just leave the package.

Anyone else notice that?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]