[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 30 10:25:31 CDT 2005

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 @ 16:23 -0400, Kevin Loch said:

> That and whatever vi replacement (vim?) try's ever so hard to protect
> me from scary ^M's.  What an incredible PITA.

It's not trying to protect you.  VIM is a multi-platform program, so DOS
mode text files are perfectly valid.

It's not different than not showing the UNIX EOL characters.

In any case, you can do a one-line config change to get what you want,
so I don't see this as a problem.

Also, once again this isn't anything to do with Linux, and vim is not
GNU either.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]