[rescue] Obtaining Mac OS 9 Question

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 23 13:03:52 CDT 2005

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
> " I could use a straight 9.2 CD myself, not to mention a copy of
> " 10.something ... I still want to try to get OSX in this G3-ified Power
> " Mac 7600 sometime.  Reportedly it should run right up to Tiger with
> " XPostFacto, but I understand I have to have 9.2 on the machine first.
>
> i'm not sure these older machines can natively boot anything newer
> than 9.1.

My memory-jogged recollection is that the 7600 (retrofitted with a
Sonnet 300MHz G3 card) is currently running something between 9.2.1 and
9.2.3.  I can't check it right now because I have a video-cable issue.
Apple says the latest supported OS version on the 8100 (with Sonnet G4
card) that I just got from Brian is OS9.1, but that's what they say
about the 7600, too.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518