[rescue] keyboard lubrication

C Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Fri Sep 23 00:25:34 CDT 2005

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Well,  I was given a nice Logitech keyboard that cofee
> was spilled in.

Nice Logitech?  I only use the IBM Model M, but I'll humor you :-)

> Anyone here ever lubed their keyboard ? :-)  Looking for
> input...  (especially since I have some Sun-2 and Sun-3
> keyboards I'd like to clean and bring back to great shape
> and I'll probably need to lube them too).

I'd probably try the silicone, although, part of that is because I
already have some.  It's been awhile since I've used it, but as I recall
it pretty much dries.  I don't think it leaves much behind.  It's not
like hosing your keyboard down with oil or wd-40.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA