[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Wed Sep 21 14:41:26 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 02:45:38PM -0400, velociraptor wrote:
> People are talking about sophomores in HS needing to know
> what career they are going into.  Easier to turn them into micro-
> serfs that way, I guess.

When I was a junior in high school, I had every intention of learning how to
be a professional sound tech and travelling with bands.

When I was a senior, I had every intention of doing 4 years of college
along with Air Force ROTC and gaining a comission as a 2nd LT.

I quit college after the first year, got a job doing dialup support,
and now, 10 years later, I'm doing SA work.

So, even if you know what you want to be when you graduate high school,
you still might not really know :)