[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Sep 19 12:13:53 CDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>

>> Hmm.  Will the PCI 390 processor work with AIX?  It'd probably be a
>> faster and more palatable option for my -140 than Linux + Hercules,
>> which is what it's currently running, assuming I can scratch one up.
>>

> Yes, but I don't know if it's compatible with the -140.  It came in
> 7248-132's and F50's.  The only way to find out for sure is to try it.
                 ^^^^^^

Oooh... I know what one of my next toys is going to be.

A nice R/390 to put in my F50.

I *heart* my F50.

So far it's a quad 336 with 1.5 GB of RAM and controls my fiber
channel shelf(FC9).  I just put one of the Shark cards back in and I
have a Powervault 120T hooked to it ready for some TSM action soon.

Sridhar I assume you'd like the hostname given your proclivities.
It's the fiber channel controller so I called it metamucil.

Andrew

"I BET WITH SOME LIQUID COOLING YOU COULD GET TO 500MHZ! OMGWTFBBQ!"
-- Bill Bradford joking about what to do with Cyclequads