[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Sun Sep 18 23:25:31 CDT 2005

> My turn-off to Linux was an early - and continuing - negative
> impression of the *attitude* of most Linux zealots, who suffer from
> "anything more than 10 minutes old is crap" disease,

Not just the extreme zealots.  I recently had occasion to install
Fedora, and the installer said my machine didn't have enough RAM to
install on.

It had 32 megs.

And this wasn't just some zealot's idea.  This actually made it into
the distributed installer!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca