[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Peter abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Sep 17 11:38:42 CDT 2005

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
[...]
> Due to said problems, I can pretty much expect
> ohno.mrbill.net/SunHELP to reboot itself roughly every 2-3 months.
> I'll have a day or two of flakiness, then everything's fine for
> another 60-90 days.

That's appalling.

I have x86 boxes I consider unreliable and have thrown away, yet
they're not that bad. Heck, some of the Linux boxes (yes, x86 - mainly
P3 and P4) under my wing had uptimes of over a year before we decided
to have an orderly reboot to clear out any memory leaks and fsck the
disks.

Do you want to swap ohno for this solid reliable 486 I've got here? ;)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key
/:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j