[rescue] old k5 and pentium pro cpus?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:51:16 CDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Matthew Poertner <mpoertner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/13/05, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/13/05, Sheldon T. Hall <shel at tandem.artell.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Francois Dion says ...

> I read most of that article but had to stop - The colors were hurting my
> eyes.

Ah, sorry about that. Too dark? Too bright? I didn't think at first I'd have
that much to say on that web site, but it looks tough like I'll have to
restructure anyway. In the process, I can adjust the colors a bit. I
actually have never had any complaints on that before.

 But I didn't see anything that explained where the Pentium Pro
> Processors fit in. Just curious....

I've been experimenting with various electrolytes, various strengths,
various types of wires, lengths of wires and such, and need to run parallel
tests with both aluminium and a non reactive surface. PPro heat spreaders
are the perfect size. I'll put some pictures up once I get this going.

I also have to go and pick up more copper wire spools. In one electrolyte,
the copper oxydizes drastically, and not just at the tip either:

http://cima.onlinestoragesolution.com/gallery/francoispic2.jpg

My next update will be more about the chemical aspect of this. Back in
college, when talking about amphiprotic solvents, it was just a word and I
figured I'd never have to deal with this again. Water is such a solvent,
being both an acid and a base and even capable of self-ionization
(autoprotolysis). What I mean by that is H2O + H2O <=> H3O+ + OH-

Anyway, fascinating stuff.

Francois