[rescue] old k5 and pentium pro cpus?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:53:25 CDT 2005

On 9/13/05, Sheldon T. Hall <shel at tandem.artell.net> wrote:

> Francois Dion says ...
> >
> > I need a few (a dozen) pentium pro cpus any speed and/or k5
> > PR133 to PR200,
> > working or not.
> >
> > It's for my Water Radio experiment, in the rocket science section at
> > http://www.cimastudios.com/fdion/
>
> Accidental radio detectors can be ... fun.

We have a Christian fundamentalist AM radio station here on the island, a
> couple of miles away from my house.

I can imagine 100KW, a couple miles, anything will detect. I've been picking
up programs all over the place. Radio Taiwan International, BBC, etc. All in
North Carolina. I'm hoping to figure out how to tune from the 5.9MHz up to
11MHz so I can pick up Radio Canada International in french (I used to work
at the Canadian Broadcasting Corp > 10 years ago, RCI is part of that).

Francois