[rescue] compaq deskpro4000: blinking power light

alex at lava-net.com alex at lava-net.com
Sun Sep 11 18:15:27 CDT 2005

Hi All,

I have an old compaq deskpro 4000 p2/233 I rescued about a year or so ago that I'm running as a server. The machine was
running nice and stable, staying up for 80 or so days at a time until I'd have to take it down to upgrade hardware or
other such things. About a week ago the machine locked up, or as far as I can tell it did. I'm not physically near the
machine now so haven't been able to troubleshoot it other then telling someone over the phone to hit the power switch to
reboot it. (the machine being headless doesn't help muc).  So when the machine is powered up, everything looks fine.
however when it's running for a while the power light starts to flash. Does anyone know what this means?