[rescue] Head for a SparcStation 2

Andrew Jones aijones2 at bsu.edu
Fri Sep 2 18:29:52 CDT 2005

From: John Lee <j.benlin.lee at gmail.com>

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> MacIvory IIs can be had for about a grand I believe straight from
> Symbolics (I mean the complete setup of Mac, MacIvory, ethernet card,
> graphics card, and Symbolics ADB keyboard).  So, while that is pricey,
> it isn't totally hard to get ahold of.  Still, a grand is too much for
> me currently.

Symbolics, Inc., today, is three guys who work part time.  They've long
since sold out of MacIvory IIIs, UX-1200s, and NPX-1000s.

However, they'll still sell you a UX-400 and the associated software, for
less than the cost of a MacIvory II. No warranty or support beyond DoA,
however, as apparently no one remembers anything about the UX-400 and
1200 boards.

The UX-400 should work in any VME system running SunOS 4, 68k or SPARC.