[rescue] I tried one last time ...

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:02:32 CDT 2005

Yes, Will, that one is useful as far as it goes, I found it early on in
this little goat-rodeo, and it does help with the basic setups and such.  I
need to actually repair the thing, though.  I need a schematic of the
innards, if at all possible, so I can find out which little dingus let out
its magic smoke.  I suspect that the normal problem will have occurred, a
$20 transistor blew to protect a ten-cent fuse.

I can fix a part or three, and I've likely got spare components in my mess
of a basement.  I'm trying to avoid moving this monster, it is deucedly
heavy and I'm not very agile these days.  The arthritis has gotten into my
lower spine, and life is not a whole lot of fun lately.  (I have a hole in
my arm today from a blood sample, and an appointment next Monday to see if
they're going to fuse three vertebrae or whatever the latest
witch-doctoring method is.)

--
wes will