[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Oct 14 20:37:56 CDT 2005

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 @ 16:15 -0400, Sandwich Maker said:

> " From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> "
> " I am waiting to see what AT&T's new Korn Shell release will be like.
>
> new korn shell?  ksh05?  what's it supposed to have/do that ksh93
> doesn't?

I don't really know, thus the waiting... :)

This is all that I know: http://www.kornshell.com/doc/faq.html

Q6.	Are any further releases of ksh planned?
A6.	Yes, we are in the process of planning for a newer version,
	ksh200X.  We are interested in suggestions for new features.
	Again, most of the focus will be on scripting and reusability.

Q7.	What new features are planned for ksh200X?
A7.	We are in the early stage of planning but the likely additions
	are namespaces, an inheritance mechanism for objects,
	and support for binary objects.  Support for multi-threading
	is also being considered.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak
is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime