[rescue] New find of the month...

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Oct 14 09:38:26 CDT 2005

> Does anyone (Sridhar?) know of any good "learing OS/400" type references?
> I could look through Amazon or IBM's OS/400 literature for
> possibilities, but it'd be nice to have a recommendation from someone
> who knows anything about this stuff first.
> Pat

Congrats on the find! I have a black CISC one that I got from a local
shipping company some time ago. My big issue is the terminal -- it has
both a PS/2 and a RJ style connector. The terminal that was given to me
had a ps/2 keyboard with it, but I'm not so sure it's the proper one. I
can't find any setup screen to switch ID's.

It's got these neato twinax cables, and a bunch of wierd breakouts that do
like DB-25 to 8 port twinax. Really freaky.

Token ring even.

I've never gotten anything out of the terminal since it's probably on the
wrong ID.

>From what I gather, the boxes are pretty much dedicated to run an
application.