[rescue] OT: response to "small town"

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 7 18:42:20 CDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> Or geeks, like everyone else, tend to make artificial binary
> distinctions out of complicated topics.
>
> One can believe in God that gave the bounty of the Earth, yet believe
> the various plants and animals within that bounty are not all given
> for all possible purposes, without having a logical conflict.

Execpt that if any of those plants are growing on your property without
your knowledge[0] or use or cultivation, you are just as "guilty" as
someone with a "mad stash" to sell.  As far as I've been able to find,
it's legal to -use- the stuff (provided you can do so without possessing
it--an impressive feat!); the laws prohibit the possession and sale of
it.

[0] It does happen out here.  Occasionally the state police will raid a
     farmer who unfortunately had some pop up in a back pasture.
--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "What good fortune for governments that the
Elgin, TX          (    people do not think!"       --Adolf Hitler