[rescue] OT: response to "small town"

Fri Oct 7 17:21:14 CDT 2005

> Ottawa.  Tromsx, for that matter - not very large, but definitely a
> roots already put down, it would be Tromsx.

The list seems to have done something unfortunate to the message after
it left me.  I sent it

and the "x"s in those "Tromsx"s were 8859-1 o-slash characters (0xf8).
But by the time it got back, it had been downgraded to

and the high bit dropped from each o-slash (a somewhat broken way of
mapping 8859-1 onto ASCII, it seems to me...).

Just to reassure the Scandanavians here, I do know how to spell that
name. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca