[rescue] A114 maximum drive size?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 25 10:16:27 CDT 2005

" From: "Marc Gutschner" <Marc.Gutschner at gmx.de>
"
" I've got a couple of SSAs (Model 114, to be more precise) at home that I
" would like to "beef up" a little bit for a better energy consumption/storage
" capacity ratio.
"
" I know that (at least) 9 GB disks are accepted by these units since one of
" them has 28 4GB disks and 2 9GB drives. What is the maximum capacity
" accepted by these beasts?

iirc there's an onboard microsparc with firmware, and it's limited to
9G/hd, and certain brands as well.

" Is it possible (for example) to put a 50GB disk in every other slot to get
" up to .75 TB per unit?
"
" Even "only" 18GB disks would give me a great increase of storage capacity
" with (almost) identical power consumption ;-)

i'm not sure larger disks will even be recognized, but if they can
you'd only get 9G out of them.  otoh they could still be lower power
than any 9G disks you can find.