[rescue] Wifi Bridge?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:31:57 CDT 2005

On 5/19/05, Michael Dombrowski <ab1244 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As to the person who bricked theirs, can't you unbrick
> via the boot_wait setting and a tftp upload? The
> OpenWRT docs make very clear that setting boot_wait is
> a good thing and will let you recover from a lot of
> problems without any case cracking.

BTDT.

I have a WRT54GS.  I have tried all the different suggestions
I was able to dig up.  At one point I had actually managed
to get it to boot a different firmware, but a power off/on or
reset showed that said firmware was only running in memory
(e.g. it would be braindead after a reboot powercycle).

I presume the firmware to be scrambled, thus the need for
serial port hackery.  The facility for the serial port is there,
but it's a little beyond my basic abilities from what I have
seen of the how-tos.

=Nadine=