[rescue] SGI Crimson, still no go

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:25:53 CDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
>
> > What IRIX CD are you trying? If it is anything beyond IRIX 6.2 there
> > is no Crimson support on it. There may even be some earlier CDs that
> > don't include IP17 support.
>
> There are.  The CD should be labeled with the platforms it supports.
> For example, there were IP20/IP22/IP24-only releases of 5.3 and 6.2

This one is 6.2 with crimson support. Original media. Files are there,
seen from a challenge L.

If this all sounds familiar it is because last summer I picked the
list's brains and again last december.

Note that I have the same issue on two different machines, each with
their own boards , cdroms etc. How strange that they are having the
exact same problems.

They dont even come from the same place. The one in the proper Crimson
skin was netbooted at some point, but had display problems. I fixed
that. Terminators are in place like they should.

The other one comes from Boeing (I actually have 2 4D with brown/blue
skins that came from boeing but I dont have an IO3B for the second
one) and is labeled:

777 Fly Thru Admin

There's a note not to power off this machine before talking to one of
the system admins. I've even tried to find them on the internet and
see if they remembered anything about this setup. In case anybody here
recognises a name, they are: Rick Broderick, Jon Christianson, George
Nease, Janet Walters.

Francois