[rescue] SGI Crimson, still no go

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Tue May 17 13:22:09 CDT 2005

Hello Francois,

if I may stumble into this running thread at this early point...

Monday, May 16, 2005, 6:37:20 PM, you wrote:

> Unfortunately, all I can get is:
>>> boot -f dksc(0,4,8)sash.IP17
> open(dksc(0,4,8)sash.IP17) failed, errno=2
> Unable to load dksc(0,4,8)sash.IP17: file not found

What IRIX CD are you trying? If it is anything beyond IRIX 6.2 there
is no Crimson support on it. There may even be some earlier CDs that
don't include IP17 support.

> I need an external CDROM that is SGI compatible. Anybody has one they
> want to part with?

Actually old SGIs aren't that much trouble. So far any reasonable
choice including 32x Plextors or Toshibas did work - at least for
machines from the R4K era. On R3000 4Ds it depends on the actual model
(and in case of bigger 4D iron on the IO board used).

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/