[rescue] FPGAs

Rox rox at sunmuseum.org
Tue May 17 02:13:18 CDT 2005

On 16 May 2005 at 14:38, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > BGA surface mount
>
> Ah.  I haven't the tools to remove them without destroying them.  :(

I wasn't following the thread, so not sure if the board was wanted in
this case, but salvaging components (in re-usable condition) of many
kinds from scrap boards can be done simply by supporting the board
upside down and applying heat from above by hot air or gas. Back in the
days when 16 pin DIL RAM chips were $$$ the likes of Radio Shack used
that method to recycle them from failed systems.   HTH

--
  Regards
  -/ Rox /-    <sunmuseum.org>