[rescue] HP 715/64 & Memory woes

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Mon May 16 21:20:37 CDT 2005

> Will HP A2576 memory work in an HP 715/64 machine?  I've tried a couple
> of sticks (in pairs) and it never seems to want to boot up.  I've got
> two machines so surely one of them isn't busted :)  I just want to make
> sure I'm not completely insane before I start investing a ton of time on
> it.

IIRC that memory is compatible with the 712 series 9000 boxen. By your above
comments I am ASS-uming you have tried the memory in both machines? You may
also want to run that part number through:

 http://partsurfer.hp.com

> When I boot up I get the leds 7-6-4-3 lit up, which doesn't seem to be
> in any of the manuals I've looked in so far.

See here:

http://www.openpa.net/hardware.html#diag

If you get jammed up shoot me a private email and I will send you a pair of
known good compatible SIMMs.

--
Mike N