[rescue] Free: Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu May 12 10:24:50 CDT 2005

Wed, 11 May 2005 @ 21:36 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I don't know why anyone might want this, but here it is. Corel
> > WordPerfect 8 Personal Edition for Linux, copyright 1998. The system
> > requirements listed are only "43-87MB Hard disk space" and "9MB  memory
> > for first user", but I'm assuming this is for x86 linux systems.
> >
> > Reply quickly; it only stays out of the trash until I get tired of
> > staring it. :).
>
> It's not bad, but requires a little handholding because its temp
> directory permissions are massively unsafe.  And, of course, you have to
> grok WordPervert.  :)

My copy has stopped working.

It runs sometimes for a little bit, and then stops updating its windows,
and nothing seems to unhang it.

I think some upgrade of X started this, but I'm not 100% sure that was
it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.