[rescue] O2K node board CPU transplant?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 11 15:37:31 CDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Steve Hatle wrote:

> I have a source for 4 2x250Mhz node boards. However, to save hassle and
> cost, would it be possible to just remove and ship the CPU modules
> themselves, and transplant them onto my existing node boards, replacing the
> CPU modules that are there?

Aren't Origin processors held in place like Sun Exx0 processors?  I
would think that dealing with all those fragile compression connectors
on the processors would increase the amount of hassle, not decrease it.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a