[rescue] IBM FRUs - parts interchange?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun May 8 03:14:19 CDT 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> So, given FRU 33L3119 or 33L3120 (1GB PC100 ECC registered DIMM), how
> would I determine what else would work?

Generally, one-off FRUs like that are the same part with some minor
corrective difference.  In terms of memory, that almost certainly means
that the memory is interchangeable as a whole, but can't necessarily be
mixed inside a system.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a