[rescue] $35 50gig drives

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Sat May 7 03:28:48 CDT 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> My first hard drive was a Corvus Constellation.  5 Megabytes.  $5,000.  That
> was so much storage we networked it to three TRS-80 Mod II computers ...

Corvus, as in the same company who built the Corvus "Concept"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5192755067&rd=1

(Ignore the assertion in that auction that the Concept was the "original
GUI workstation of the 80's" - the PERQ beat it by 2 years. :-)

I would kill to get my hands on that machine, but I can't spend the money
right now. :-/  I know that Bill von Hagen would love to snag a Corvus
Concept, too... it just looks like a slick machine, and it's from the era
that I love most, back when the "workstation" market was exploding and all
sorts of neat stuff (and very interesting machines) were busting out all
over the place... sigh.

-- Chris