[rescue] WTB: Ultra 60/80

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri May 6 19:36:37 CDT 2005

On May 6, 2005, at 5:10 PM, Barry Keeney wrote:

> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>
>> The U60 is still my primary computer.... although I really should
>> dump more ram in it, get a second processor, move to mirrored hds,
>> and upgrade from Solaris 8 (torn between going to 9 or to 10).
>>

>   I just picked one up at a local goverment auction for $60, with
> dual 360's +512meg (4x128's plus some 64's) and the Elite3D-m6
> video, just no disks.
>
>   I'm going to use it for playing with solaris 10, maybe replace
> the Ultra10/440mhz as my desktop Sun. My E250 (dual 400's, 2gig ram)
> is still going to be my file server....

I have an Ultra 60 in the basement sitting idle... It's a dual 366/4,
1GB of RAM, 9GB (I think...) disk no cd-rom, Creator 3D (which I
thought was damaged but appears to work now).  It will probably never
be used as an Ultra 60 again...(though I did use it to format disks
on my fibre channel array).  I think one CPU is bad.  I will probably
use the parts to make a rocking E220R.  It was free... I was
scavenging hardware from the basement of the bank my company works
for... I signed out a few of my machines from the graveyard.  (RS/
6000 F50, Ultra 60, Proliant 6400R)

Andrew

"I BET WITH SOME LIQUID COOLING YOU COULD GET TO 500MHZ! OMGWTFBBQ!"
-- Bill Bradford joking about what to do with Cyclequads