[rescue] Be and NeXT kit

Isaac isaac at pobox.com
Fri May 6 11:48:46 CDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, r.stricklin wrote:

> Nope. microSPARC-II, SuperSPARC, and SuperSPARC-II single processor
> workstations only.
>
> The HCL lists the SS4 model 85; SS5 models 85 and 110; SS10 models 50,
> 60, and 90 (?); and SS20 models 50, 51, 61, 71 (sic). The SS4 TCX
> framebuffer is not supported, the SS5 TCX (S24) is, as well as the SX
> on both the SS10 and SS20. On-board audio, network, and SCSI interfaces
> are supported. Nothing else really is. No wide-SCSI, no HME.

FWIW, while it was never on the official HCL, NEXTSTEP will run on a
Voyager; I think NeXT actually demo'ed NS/SPARC on Voyagers on a few
occasions. Not sure why it never made it onto the actual HCL.

Back when a TurboColor was my primary desktop, the thought of NS on a
Voyager got me hot'n'bothered. In a good way.

-Isaac