[rescue] WTB: Ultra 60/80

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu May 5 21:31:15 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Giagnocavo" <patrick at mail.zill.net>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] WTB: Ultra 60/80

> Actually I got the U60 base without video card for $14.99.
>
> What I meant to say is, I have seen 450Mhz CPUs go for about $100 each
> on eBay.

Ah, that makes sense - I've not found such deals, which is probably a good
thing, since I am trying to shed devices, not improve the ones I have...

An idle U60 is a terrible thing - if you unload a decent U2 system into an
Ultra 60 base, and add a nice vertical UPA framebuffer, you have a nicer
desktop than the original U2 (PCI, dual UPA framebuffer support) for minimal
price...