*****SPAM***** Re: [rescue] Prices... Amazing

Jeffrey Nonken jjn_rescue at nonken.net
Thu May 5 09:05:50 CDT 2005

At 11:58 AM 5/4/2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>Tue, 03 May 2005 @ 16:05 -0400, Jeffrey Nonken said:
>
> > At 01:23 PM 5/3/2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > >I think one problem with this thread is no one is differentiating
> > >between power drawn from the outlet versus power supplied to the system
> > >by the power supply
> >
> > Yes, but I also figured that we were talking about total heat output from
> > the computer.
>
>So did I.  I'm not sure what your point is.

The power supply is not 100% efficient, so generates its own heat. If you
only measure the power output into the rest of the system you will not be
measuring the entire power draw; therefore any assumptions or calculations
around heat generated must take that into account.

I'm not sure my point is much different from yours.

>Some people claim that it isn't possible for the same load to generate
>different amoungs of heat.
>
>Wether that's true or not depends on what you mean by load.
>
>A lot of people seem to be arguing with different assumptions in mind.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Forgive me if I said something stupid, I'm tired and not thinking well
right now.